The focus of the VDI/VDE-GMA Technical Committee 5.15 „Multi-agent systems“ lies on the investigation of agent-based applications in the industrial automation domain. Within the committee, members of German universities, Fraunhofer institutes as well as manufacturers and vendors of industrial automation systems investigate and adapt novel approaches, applications and methods for multi-agent systems in industrial automation systems.
Due to the realignment of FA 5.15 in 2020/2021 after the last guideline, the topics of agents for the supply chain as well as machine learning and autonomy through agents are very attractive for many industry participants and lead to a steady increase of participants.
- Sub-working group 1: Agent systems and learning (Multi-) agent technology enables I4.0 interactions, necessary mechanisms for self-organization and optimization in the value creation of the German key industries in automation and digitalization.
- Sub-working group 3: Agents in Supply Chain / Agents in Decision Network) Systematic development of an automated system (I4.0 architectures) enables higher flexibility requirements (e.g. adaptability, scalability and integration capability) and efficiency increase (à logistics represents focus of new members from research and Academia
Furthermore, we are in close cooperation with IFAC TC 3.1 Working Group "Industrial Agents" and networking with the international community (e.g. cooperation with Weiming Shen (CN/CAN); Fan-Tien Cheng (TWN)).
Meetings and activities
The Technical Committee meets regularly at the Institute of Automation and Information Systems at the Technische Universität München in order to discuss current research results and their applicability in the industry. In addition, an expert forum is held every two years giving the opportunity to discuss the topic of multi-agent systems in industrial automation with national and international experts.
We would be pleased to share experiences with further national and international engineers interested in the development and application of multiagent systems in industrial automation. For more information, feel free to contact Fandi Bi, M.Sc.
55. Technical Committee Meeting (Webconf) - 25. January 2022, 10:00-12:30, with presentations by:
- OVGU Magdeburg - How can existing assets be connected to AI in the cloud? To what extent can a plant agent be attached to AI and what influence can autonomy of the agent have?
- FA Research Studios AT (preliminary) - Research Studio's hierarchical structure and the security/security issues that may exist