Scientific Employee in the Research Area of Digital Twins, Asset Administration Shell and Agent Systems (m/w/d)
The Institute of Automation and Information Systems is one of the leading institutes for automation and software engineering in automation. We are part of the TUM School of Engineering and Design and are strongly linked to computer science. One of our key research areas is the design and operation of intelligent production systems. Multi-Agent-Systems (MAS) are one of the key technologies enabling intelligent production systems. The current trend towards the prevalence of Digital Twins. Meanwhile, the German platform of Industrie 4.0 proposed the Asset Administration Shell (AAS) as the foundation for unified and exchangeable data structure. Hence, the institute focuses on how Digital Twins and related concepts may pave the way for bringing MAS into production and how these MAS can be turned into continuously evolving and learning entities. We are currently looking for a PhD candidate to join our motivated team in this research area.
- M.Sc. or Dipl. degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Strong technical background in automation
- Background in topics of Digital Twins, Asset Administation Shell is a plus
- Good programming skills, e.g., C, Java, Python, IEC 61131-3
- Practical experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and communication protocols (AMQP, MQTT, OPC UA) helpful
- Interdisciplinary cooperation and communication skills
- Very good writing and presentation skills in English
- Prior publications are beneficial
- Research and prototypical implementation of Multi-Agent Systems for production systems
- Development of approaches for creating and leveraging Digital Twins for smart factories
- Close cooperation with related research fields, e.g., Data Analytics and Model-Based Systems Engineering at the institute
- Evaluation of the results, both in an academic setting using demonstrators and in an industrial setting with industry partners
- Active participation in industrial and academic projects, e.g. Bavarian Lighthouse project KI.Fabrik
- Lecturing and lecture preparation
- Supervision of student theses
- Various research related tasks, such as proposal writing
What we offer
- Exciting, diverse, and self-dependent working environment
- A highly motivated, and interdisciplinary team
- Option to pursue a Ph.D.
- Salary in accordance with the German state regulated public service salary scale (TV-L E13)
Note that applicants with severe disabilities will be given priority consideration given comparable qualifications. Also, TUM is an equal opportunity employer. TUM aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore particularly welcomes applications by women.
Please send your letter of application, your curriculum vitae, copies of key documents, such as transcripts and degree certificates, a list of publications, further documents and references as a single PDF document to email@example.com and clearly indicate your name and contact information.
For more information, see www.mec.ed.tum.de/ais
If you apply in writing, we request that you submit only copies of official documents, as we cannot return your materials after completion of the application process.