In the course of the digitization strategies of recent years, on the one hand, IIoT infrastructure has been created on construction sites, and on the other, approaches and methods to generate optimal scheduling, sequencing, and resource deployment planning based on computer-aided simulations and algorithms.
The combination of IIoT and AI is missing for near-real-time, digital mirroring and decision support of construction site processes.
- We will develop approaches for the automated collection and model-based processing of reliable construction process data and the simultaneous optimization of construction quality and resource consumption in a digital twin.
- In particular, we shall implement a continuous integration of equipment and construction process data into an intelligent digital twin for online optimization for construction execution and information feedback into the construction process.
- The digital twin should have a high degree of interoperability and thus satisfy the diversity of construction processes and equipment used.
- Recording the requirements for the DT and the IIoT system
- Conceptual design of the multi-agent systems in combination with the IIoT
- Development of data standards and ontologies
- Multi-level algorithms for process optimization
- Design and integration of a simulation model
- Implementation and evaluation of the results on a demonstrator
- Chair of Materials Handling, Material Flow, Logistics (fml)
- Institute of Automation and Information Systems (AIS)
- Bauer Maschinen GmbH
- Bauer Spezialtiefbau GmbH
- Fielddata.io GmbH
- Sensor-Technik Wiedemann GmbH
- Straightlabs GmbH & Co. KG
- Wacker Neuson Produktion GmbH & Co. KG
- Abaut GmbH
The research project is funded by the Bavarian Collaborative Research Program (BayVFP) of the Bavarian State Government funding line "Digitalization" and is supervised by VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik GmbH.